Saturday, May 16, 2015

#crystaltravelsagain: Seoul (Days 5 - 10)

Day 5 

Our flight to Seoul was at 12.40pm KST (11.40am SG time) so I didnt wake up that early. Lol the previous days have been waking up to alarm so I really appreciate this day where I could wake up naturally.

Flew with Eastar Jet this time.

Air Ticket to Seoul (+15kg baggage): 25,700₩ = SGD$33 (not even kidding)

Landed in Seoul Gimpo airport and we took the airport railway to the city then to the apartment we booked with AirBnb.

Accommodation (Seoul/10nights): $147.50

Dam awesome because the subway station of the place we live at got a huge monday couple poster.


After we put down our luggage we went to BonJuk, a famous Korean Traditional Porridge eatery to have our lunch. It is famous for its abalone porridge but I ordered Oyster porridge because I love oysters.


Price: 9000₩ = SGD$11.40

Lol bloody expensive for a bowl of porridge la but since we were there already, just eat.

After that we headed straight to Namsan Tower (N Seoul Tower). We opted to go up by Cable Car because I was really really extremely sick and tired if climbing up the stairs and slopes for 4 days already. However, on the journey to take the cable car, got extremely steep slopes and stairs again. So I thought never mind later can take cable car liao.


Cable car tickets (2 way): 8500₩ = SGD$10.80


View from the cable car.


Hello Seoul!

Upon reaching there, kena cheated. Need to climb stairs again. At this point in time I already very scared of stairs because of the Mount Sanbang trip where by legs trembled uncontrollably to the point I cannot feel them lolol.


But anyway, visited the love lock place but we didnt buy any lock to lock la cus I think quite waste money (6000₩ = SGD$7.50 for one lock). So we went up there to explore and take pictures and I went to look for empty locks to write my blessings hahaha. Cheap trills.


We didn't go up the tower though cus I thought it was quite....... meaningless since I already went up the tower at Shanghai before. So we slacked around and waited for the sky to turn dark so we can see he night view but we didn't la. Too long already. After that walked to Myeongdong (one street across only) to shop a bit but I didn't buy a lot of what I wanted to buy yet cus I wana clear all the admission fees trips as much as possible before I shopped.


Streets of MyeongDong.


This whole wall belongs to Nature Republic! Damn pretty la!

Day 6

Its Lotte World day!! I was extremely excited cus I am totally a theme park person but the entire trip turned out to be a total disappointment. It was quite a long journey there.


Entrance fees: 46,000₩ = SGD$58

Was still quite excited when we were buying tickets haha. But when we entered the theme park it was mad crowded. Don't know why they dont need to go to school or work one. Every ride needed around 40 mins to an hour to queue. So we just queued for this what seemingly seemed like a thrilling ride.


Lol bullshit.

Witnessed a Mask Parade!


And all the rides were rather kiddy. After that we went on to look for more interesting rides cus I remembered there was an outdoor theme park. Finally found our way out and I got a bit happy although it was raining.


Then........ all the rides closed -.- There was a indoor roller coaster so I fathomed that was the only interesting ride that can meet up to my expectations (lol i really have high expectations for a thrilling ride). Then we went to find it la...... lol need to queue 90mins. Forget it. Then we just walked around aimlessly to find the shortest queue. Haha waste my $58.

Anyway this view reminds me of the drama "Hyde, Jekyll, Me". I think it was filmed here.


After that exited the park to look for Star Avenue cus I remembered there was one la. So I went around asking the staff how to get there. They still confident show me the direction. So I followed their direction and walked to the theme park entrance again wth. So i asked another staff and they told me its closed down alr lol seriously leh waste my time.Then we went to Lotte Mart to buy some instant noodles for dinner hahaha.

So yup that was how I wasted $58 and a day.

Day 7

Made a last minute plan to visit KHJ's restaurant because it was 30th April and they say he was gonna enlist in May (dk May what at that time but it turned out to be May 12). Mad far away lol but I think we quite successful in finding the location. Went to the one at Ilsan because that one is the one his mother manages. Went all the way there to find out that it was closed -.- so I asked neighbouring shops and they say they only open in the evening. So we went to western dome mall to settle for breakfast/lunch. But I still took a picture!


Helluuuuuuzzzzz my love.

After that we proceeded with our itinerary and went to Gyeongbokgung palace.

Entrance fees: 3000₩ = SGD$4

I was still rather excited to visit this place because of my love for ancient buildings but it was a super hot day and the sun was scorching hot plus the palace was suuuuuuuperrrrrrrr big so my excitement died down and I just walked like a sloth behind Priscilla. Nevertheless, the place was beautiful I must say. Except for the part where we had to walk super far to get from one house to another. I think if I'm living in that generation, I will just pig out in my own house lol. Want to visit friend also difficult. Unless got buggy.



Changing of guards haha. Dam boring to work this job.




Tia gong this is the pond where the empress was killed.



This is the cotton tree! We were wondering why there were so many white fluffy bits flying all around. Lol so this is the culprit.

Picture of the trip:


Actually i was just pushing up my shades cus it kept dropping hahaha. After we were finished with the palace, we proceeded to Bukchon Hanok Village. Another place that I frequently see on programmes so its a must visit!


The first place that caught my eyes was this gate. Don't you feel that it is very familiar?? I am pretty sure that I saw this gate on a drama before. Can't remember which drama only haha.


Nothing much lor cus its also a residential area and the things there are all very expensive. Then we seperated our ways because I die die want to visit KHJ restaurant. So yup I travelled allllll the way back again and planned to meet at Dongdaemun station tap out area at 8.30pm.

At Jaksal, HJ's poster everywhere and this particular corner filled with his albums etc.




The Menu! HAHAHA so sad I couldn't bring one home.






Anyway the serving is dam big la like for 2 people. And every dish is served with side dishes and salad. The salad and chicken is deliciousss (from my honest opinion, not bias one). Cravinggggg for it.

Price: 15,000₩ = $18.90

I finished only half of it though, cus the serving is too damn huge.

So 8.30pm, I reached, but I couldn't find Priscilla. So I walked in between the two exits but I cannot see her so I panicked a bit and sent a lot of whatsapp messages to her hahaha. Then I sat down near one of the exits hoping to get a reply. Then suddenly she emeged from behind a pillar. WAH HENG AH FINALLY. So apparently both of us spent an hour waiting for each other at the same station, different exit because both of us didn't know that there was a third exit.

Yup that is how we wasted one hour of our time.

Then we just proceeded to Dongdaemun but everything there was wholesale and the whole place just looks like busy ants because everyone is there to collect stocks in big bags and big parcels and we look like 2 两手空空的 peasants. 

Day 8  

Was supposed to visit trick eye museum/stylenanda/all the things at Hongdae and all today but we swoped our itinerary cus I was gonna meet my ex colleague for dinner. So we went to Myeongdong to get all the things we were supposed to get first. Hahaha dam lucky we swooped itinerary Cus labour day (public holiday) got a lot of labour day sales!! So the prices of some things were cheaper than what we say in the previous days hahaha.

Anyway had the famous Myeongdong Gyoza for brunch which I forgot to take a picture of. But before we had it we got lost again and was totally walking in a opposite direction. Whats new. 

Lol spend too much money until I had to swipe card and change more money. Then got people ask me I buying for my own self use or going back to sell. Hahah vain pot me of cus buying for myself. And my mother. And my family. Then had to drag everything back to the apartment. I really wanted to die leh haha. 

After that met my ex colleague (who is Korean) at Hongdae/hongik and I asked him to bring us to eat nice food. So he brought us to this Toppokki place which serves super nice Toppokki.


He ordered cheese Toppokki for us, some fried food and Odeng (which Vinez kept asking me to try). The whole time I was WAH WAH WAH very nice but dam spicy. Because it is really very nice but dam spicy.



Price: Don't know cus he paid for it.

After that he brought us to have Patbingsu at Sulbing. Which is very nice also because I haven't had anything like that before in my life.


Price: I forget haha.

Following that he just brought us to walk around the area and there were many clubs/pubs hahah I also dk. He say that area got a lot of cute oppas but I didn't see any cute oppas (still thinking about the cute Oppa in busan). Hahah generally Seoul has less cute oppas than in Busan Cus I think Seoul got a lot of foreigners?? Anyway I didn't go to a club in Korea la cus the crowd on the streets already freaks me out although I really wanted to visit one.

 Day 9

Nami island today cus they say it a must visit. Trained to this particular station to take the ITX but we were rather confused because it was so crowded and we didn't know that the subway/metro(??) shares the same tracks as the ITX.

Ticket price: 4100₩ = $5.20

Lucky got one Korean Aunty understand Chinese and she helped us. So ITX for an hour then took a shuttle bus then a ferry to Nami island.


Admission fees: 8000₩ = $10 (foreigners got discount)The ferry damn full I dam scared it will sink hahah but the ride is less than 5 minutes only.


It was extremely crowded. But we managed to accidentally cut queue to board the ferry. Lol sorry i didn't mean it.


Nami island has many beautiful plants. Then there were many.......Kdrama trees??? Haha I also don't know what you call it.

Then when we walked further there were many flags and there was a Singapore flag too. Hahaha nothing much though just a lot of sightseeing.Then it was a lot of taking pictures hahah.








The queue back was also super crowded!!

After that we wanted to go to petit France but we don't have anymore time so we gave it a miss. So we wanted to take the shuttle bus back to the itx train station but we waited for 45 mins and the bus didn't come. I mean some buses came but we didn't know if it's the right bus........ So we walked

And walked

And walked

And walked

And walked

For 30 mins before we reached the station but it was a good experience because we managed to walk through this field!!


I think its a plantation field. 

Picture of the trip:


Back to apartment earlier than other days and it feels good to be back early.  

Day 10

Idae (Ewha women's uni) for some shopping today but before that we had brunch at a random eatery! Ordered Toppoki and some kimbap and we only paid 3500₩ = SGD$4.40 per person. That's the cheapest meal I had in all my days in Korea (not counting the instant noodles I cooked myself). And the kimbap is the best out of all kimbaps I've ate.




It was raining so we did some speed shopping and went off to Hongdae again because when we met my friend we didn't go to the places we wanted to go and also haven't went there to shop.

Visited Trick eye museum in Hongdae first. When I was walking I didn't even know that it was right in front of me because the museum looked like any other building by the streets.

Admission fees (Trick eye + ice museum): 15,000₩ = SGD$19

It was 3-4 times bigger than the one we have here and the tickets are cheaper. Never going to the one in Singapore lol. Rented a locker to put loots from Idae for only 500₩ = SGD$0.70. Priscilla damn smart, she say leave all our things in the locker then at night come back and take. Like that is easier for us.

Best spent 500₩ haha.

Picture galore (just some of my fave ones).












After that we went to the ice museum then I dam keh kiang cus if they don't provide coats for us to wear, it must be not so cold one right. Lol first step inside want to die already. So I just walked one round and I was out in less than 10 mins because my fingers were numb already. Hahaha really very YOLO SWAG.


Don't see I smile until so happy, I really was freezing to death. 





Picture of the trip:

Then we went shopping at that area and I am very pleased to find a Cookie Monster casing for my phone! Very rare to see Cookie Monster because I see a lot of Elmo only.

Fave buy of the trip. My love for Cookie Monster is real.


Visited HaHa's (Ha Dong Hoon) restaurant for dinner. We followed to directions on the internet very closely but after walking for damn long we still couldn't find it. So I went to google "HaHa restaurant close down". Then indeed it closed down. No lah, he just renamed it his own brand cus the previous one he franchised it from Gary's.

It was renamed "401".




I am as tall as Dong Hoon.



Ordered pork shoulder and pork cheek because we had the fatty meat (the meat with fat in the middle) already at Jeju. Shoulder and Cheek sounds interesting too so we went ahead with it. Dam hard the meat but Pris says its ok. Lol its just me who has weak teeth. Nevertheless the taste is great, especially when you wrap it in the leaves they provide.

Price (per person): 15,000₩ = SGD$19

We then proceeded to Hello Kitty Cafe which was just round the corner.




Went to collect our loots before heading to Stylenanda just around the corner. Both of us damn budget Barbie, didn't even bother to look at their goods because we know it will be damn ex. So we just went in to use their photo booth. Free of charge.




 


Haha by this time I already dam broke, I go change my remaining USD that my grandmother gave me.& Thank you for reading, days 11 - 16 will be up in a few days' time!!

2 comments:

  1. Hello Crystal, thank you for visiting Trick Eye Museum in Hongdae and hope you had great time with us. We've recently opened our blog (http://trickeye.blogspot.com) for English speaker and we would like to share some of your photo in our blog. If it's ok with you, please let us know. Thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's so nice to read your blog :3

    and I still can believe that you can get that CHEAAPP price to Korea, i'm so envyy, keep posting your Korea trip stories :D

    ReplyDelete